- Accessing the Venue Editor
- 1. Accessing the Venue Editor from the Venue details screen
- 2. Accessing the Venue Editor from a particular livepage
- Anatomy of the Venue Editor
- Settings Panel
- Navigating the settings panel
- Turning a widget on/off
- Showing/hiding a block
- Adding blocks
- Reordering your blocks
- The Live Preview Area
- Publishing Your Changes to Production
- Setting a LivePage to "Live" Mode
- Setting a LivePage to "Draft" Mode
What is the Venue Editor?
The Venue Editor is the WYSIWYG No-Code visual editor tool that you use to customise your venue and its content.
Learn more about the concepts behind the Venue Editor here:
Accessing the Venue Editor
There are two ways in which you can access the Venue Editor.
1. Accessing the Venue Editor from the Venue details screen
Under Virtual → Venue, click on the Venue Editor button on the right:
2. Accessing the Venue Editor from a particular livepage
Under Virtual → LivePages, click on the Customise button for a particular livepage. This will then open that particular livepage in the Venue Editor:
Anatomy of the Venue Editor
The interface of the Venue Editor is divided into 3 main parts:
The header of the Venue Editor consists of the following functionalities:
The Settings Panel is found on the left of the Venue Editor and gives you access to the settings of the following:
- The LiveBar widget
- The Header widget
- All Blocks on the livepage
Navigating the settings panel
The Settings Panel is contextual and will change depending on the item selected.
To access the settings of a widget or block, simply click on the item. This will load the settings of the selected item.
To exit the settings of an item and to get back to the previous screen, click on the Back arrow icon in the top lefthand corner.
Turning a widget on/off
To turn on or off a widget, click on the switch icon of the widget. Turning off a widget will completely remove it from the livepage.
Showing/hiding a block
To show or hide a block, click on the 👁️ eye icon of the block. Hiding a block will allow the block right after it to take its place on the livepage.
To add blocks to your livepage, click on the Add Blocks button.
Reordering your blocks
To reorder the sequence of the blocks on your livepage, click and drag the dotted icon found on the right side of a block.
The Live Preview Area
The Live Preview area allows you to see how your changes look like, before pushing them to your production venue. Think of the Live Preview as a draft preview of your changes. This therefore, allows you to experiment and make sure that everything is looking as expected before publishing your changes, for all attendees to see.
Publishing Your Changes to Production
When doing changes to your livepage in the Venue Editor, the changes will not be automatically published to your production venue. This allows you to experiment and make sure that everything is looking as expected before pushing your changes. To publish your changes and make them visible to all attendees, click on the Save & publish changes button in the top right hand corner of the Venue Editor.
Note that the Save & publish changes button will only be active if you have made changes to your livepage.
Setting a LivePage to "Live" Mode
When a livepage is created, its status is set to Draft by default. A livepage which is in Draft mode is not accessible by attendees. To publish a livepage and make it live:
- Click on the Draft dropdown in the top righthand corner of the Venue Editor.
- Choose Live from the dropdown.
- Click on Go Live in the confirmation popup.
Setting a LivePage to "Draft" Mode
To "unpublish" a livepage and bring it back to Draft mode, follow these steps:
- Click on the This page is live dropdown in the top righthand corner of the Venue Editor.
- Choose Draft from the dropdown.
- Click on Proceed to draft in the confirmation popup.